Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2011 13:00

Alienware M14X Update nvidia drivers 257.30 to 285.62 ==> bluescreen after wake up (sleep mode)

Hello,

I just installed the new beta nvidia drivers 285.62 (beta) from the dell support homepage for a better game play in battlefield 3.

But now I get a blue screen after wake up from the sleep mode (in german "Energie sparen"). There are connect two monitor to my notebook as extended displays (vga and hdmi). This behavior was with the old driver (257.30) not available/ no blue screen (only with the new 285.62).

The Error of the Blue Screen is BAD_POOL_HEADER and the Stop Code is 0x19 (HEX!).

The problem I have got now is that I cannot install the old driver. I deinstalled the new driver, restart and try to install the old drivers. But I get a message box that no hardware was founded by the setup.

What can I do to use the sleep mode and my two extended monitors and the notebook monitors.

I just pay a lot of money for my notebook but the only support I can find is this forum for unexpected behaviors like this one. The Windows support from dell is not free and I just have no hardware defect. SO what can I do? The notebook is.

with best regards from germany

Maarten

215 Posts

November 28th, 2011 07:00

Maarten,

have you tried doing a Windows Restore?   It's how I make sure I keep my old drivers everytime I upgrade to the latest one.  It works everytime for me where I can go back to the old driver i had.  

215 Posts

November 28th, 2011 07:00

Or you can try this below.  It worked for my M14X

1. Download the requested driver and the modified .inf file.

www.laptopvideo2go.com/.../disclaimer

2. Unpack the driver

3. Replace the .inf file with the modified one you downloaded

4. Launch the setup and install the driver.

No Events found!