Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2013 20:00

Alienware M14XR2 Air/water/condensation bubble in middle of screen

Dear Sir or Madam, 

I have a recently bought  (1 month) Alienware M14XR2 with full coverage. I recently placed my computer in my laptop bag and travelled in a car for 2 hours with it. It was dry during the entire trip. When i opened the laptop there was a large air or water bubble right in the middle of the screen. In the picture attached below, the area affected is lighter colored than the rest of the image. You can see the affected area around the "browse" button on the image. Is there anything that I can do to fix it from home or do i have to contact alienware to send it in for replacement or repair? 

Thank you for your time.

1 Message

August 20th, 2013 09:00

If it's not an LCD fault, try gently flexing your screen back - not too hard though. Hold the top of the screen firmly and place your other hand behind the affected area and push gently, that should remove the air pocket.

3.3K Posts

July 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi Edmund.Camusat,

Check the status of LCD in BIOS. Restart the computer and tap F2 at Alienware logo.

You may also run diagnostics on the computer. Refer the following link for more information:

http://dell.to/17lIgpm

Refer the following link which has steps to isolate the issue:

http://dell.to/15y90h2

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

August 18th, 2013 06:00

That has happened to me ass well with my M14x R2 do you know how to fix it

August 20th, 2013 18:00

Hi everyone,

If you're having this issue and you live in US or Canada, send me your service tag through a private message. If you live in another country, contact your local tech support for further instructions.

2 Posts

August 25th, 2013 10:00

Hi thanks but that makes it slightly smaller temporarily do you know anyway to make it go permanently,Without replacement of coarse

August 27th, 2013 16:00

Hi S.greenway,

If you happen to have an active warranty, contact your local support to get the LCD assembly replaced.

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 02:00

Thanks this actually worked but I cant believe a laptop this expensive has this default.  This has happened to me twice already.  Not to happy about it at all.

No Events found!