Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

August 11th, 2016 08:00

Alienware M14x R1 Performance Down After Reinstall Windows 7

I have problem with my Dell Alienware M14x R1 WIndows 7 Home Premium 64bit (original windows from dell).

the problem is after reisntall windows 7 64bit and also install all driver (i downloaded from dell.com) i have problem with performance on my laptop its like down performance like before reisntall. and when i see on performance information and tool on windows 7 i just get score 4.1 (like on picture) because my 1st score is 7.9 and on windows information my nvidia not detected, but driver already installed and also on bios already detected.

if im using new nvidia driver from nvidia website score will be change with result 3.7 but if i change the driver and install the old driver from dell.com i mean the 1st version of the driver (like on picture) i just got 4.6 please help me to fix this problem and get my old score 7.9 and also setting my laptop to normal again. thanks.

5850.1.PNG

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 12th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

The score is not reflecting a bad performance of the GPU. It is actually showing the lowest score in the test, which is the CPU. I'd try checking if SpeedStep and Turbo Boos are enabled in the BIOS. Also, check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU.

The video card seems good. Check this link for information on how Nvidia Optimus works:

www.dell.com/.../SLN146534

August 12th, 2016 22:00

Hi Eimy

Thanks very much for your help. but i check to play DotA ive some different feel like before. its like almost down permorfance, thats why i want to know how i can check or how i can set my configuration like before reinstall windows.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 16th, 2016 10:00

The system is running the game with the Nvidia card?

August 17th, 2016 20:00

yes, its show running when i open dota, i checked by nvidia icon on taksbar.

i have some delay or lag when i playing DotA 2. its also i cant open open dekstop or internet browser when im open DotA 2, if i still open dekstop or internet browser, it will going like my monitor freeze in a few second.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 14:00

Try running a video card stress test. Follow the steps below to do this.

• Open Support Assist
  • Click on the Checkup option
  • Click Run Custom Scan
  • Click on the Nvidia/AMD card
  • Select the Stress Test option

If you do not have Support Assist installed, click here for the download link. Let me know how high the GPU temperature goes in the stress test and what are the FPS.

(edited)

August 27th, 2016 02:00

this is the result after im running the stress test.

21.PNG

26.PNG

what next now? [:)]

No Events found!