Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2014 19:00

Alienware M14x R2 BlueTooth issues

So I've been able to use bluetooth before, a Wiimote on the dolphin emulator. I had to restore my system due to a virus and then I used the resource DVD to reinstall All the drivers, but Bluetooth drivers were an issue. Generic Bluetooth Adapter Rev: A00 cannot be installed on my system as i keep receiving this error "Please be sure that Intel(R) wireless adapter is correctly install and enabled before installing." I enabled Bluetooth in the Bios and I enabled it in the Radio Control Options. The only bluetooth software currently installed is Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology, and when trying to uninstall or repair this software I recieve this error "The Software removal you area attempting cannot proceed. To remove this software, please first be sure that the Intel(R) wireless adapter is correctly installed and enabled." And Finally when trying to install Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4.0 Module Rev:A00, the process runs fine until it asks me to "Activate Bluetooth using wireless switch" of course I haev the wireless witch enabled but Bluetooth isn't recognized. Also several times when rebooting or starting up, windows attempts to various Bluetooth components, but all installations fail. I have Bluetooth suite accessible but when attempting to pair i never find a device. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I've been attempting a resolution for over 3 months now.

May 9th, 2015 18:00

I think you mean "Do", not "Does".  Maybe that's why they're ignoring your problem.

7 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 05:00

Anyone want to help me? Does any Dell reps want to help at all?

1.8K Posts

June 24th, 2014 12:00

Hi!

Try to manually update the driver by following these steps: Go to the Device Manager, right-click on the Bluetooth device, click the Driver tab, click Update Driver. Then, browse for the driver folder and open the file.  

7 Posts

June 24th, 2014 14:00

Every time I try to manually update I recieve the message "the latest software is already installed." By the way I have two drivers under the Bluetooth Radios Tab: Generic Bluetooth Adapter & Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. 

1.8K Posts

June 25th, 2014 23:00

Uninstall the Generic Bluetooth Adapter (right click on the device and choose uninstall), then try the manual installation as explained above. 

If issue persists, I recommend you get in touch with Technical Support in your region or send me a privatemessage with your Service Tag and contact information if you're in the US or Canada.

7 Posts

June 26th, 2014 14:00

Alright, so I disable Generic Bluetooth Adapter, then proceeded to uninstall it. Only trouble is, Generic Bluetooth Adapter is no longer in Device Manager, so using the process of manually updating the driver is impossible. I'd also like to point out that Microsoft Bluetooth Enumorator is now missing and gone from the Bluetooth Tab

7 Posts

June 26th, 2014 15:00

To add more information on diagnosing this issue, I've just restarted my PC and I recieved a notification that two drivers failed to install and one was successful. The two that failed are "Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #2" & "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

bluetooth Server successfully installed 

77 Posts

June 26th, 2014 23:00

Try here if it helps.

http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/alienware-m14x-r2-all.html#Communications

1.8K Posts

June 27th, 2014 12:00

If issue persists, it could be a hardware problem. For further assistance, contact Technical Support in your region or send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information if you're in the US or Canada.

7 Posts

July 1st, 2014 19:00

I'm heavily considering cutting my loess and installing a fresh copy of windows 7 . The only problem is I've lost the recovery DVD that has windows 7 on it. Anyway I could get it shipped to me?

1.8K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 11:00

You can get in touch with Technical Support and request a new copy.

7 Posts

July 13th, 2014 16:00

Two part question, How do I request a new copy? And will I need warranty to receive this DVD, My warranty has worn out about 2 months ago.

1.8K Posts

July 15th, 2014 10:00

Call Technical Support in your region and check if the Recovery Discs are available. If the system is out of warranty, there might be a fee involved for the order. 

No Events found!