Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Alienware M14x R2 windows 10 drivers support

Hi,

I read the supported systems page and saw that there's no support for my laptop (M14x R2) for windows 10 drivers.
 Will there be support for the M14x R2 in the future or should I just install windows 10 and look for drivers myself?

and if you can help me with the drivers for my laptop that would be very helpful :).

for example the multi touch function on the touch pad stopped working after I updated to win10. Also a lot of drivers didn't install when I tried to install them after I updated to to win10.

2 Posts

August 6th, 2015 01:00

I really really really would love to know what drivers to install too!  I have the same model and am so dissapointed when I upgraded to windows 10.  My wifi keeps dropping out, the sound originally wasn't working but I got that to work.  I get blue screens alot which is ***.

I had gone into device manager and updated all drivers but still have issues.  I read a post on here that someone from dell said that the 8.1 drivers will be compatible for Windows 10 in about a week?  Does that mean by me "updating drivers" now, will make them just work in a week or do I need to do another update.

I really hope someone else comments and can shed some light on this issue

5 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Well, I’ve got the M14X R2 with a 250 Go SSD mSata with Windows 8.1 + a 500 Go 7200 HDD with Windows 8 but my HDD didn't want to start since several weeks so i decided to install Windows 10 on it.

What i did :

1 - boot on the SSD to format the HDD with a low level format software

2 - restart and boot to the Alienware DVD of Windows 8 you've got and install it + only the wifi driver to make it work (Killer for me) from resource DVD

3 - download Windows 10 mediaCreationTool x64 and choose "other PC" to download and burn Windows 10 family (security to have it for future reinstall or repair)

4 - launch Windows 10 from Windows 8 (with NOT ANY Windows update nor 8.1)

5 - choose upgrade to keep data + software (empty because of the format)

6 - after install + several reboots when on the desktop go to Windows update and force search to make it download and install all of them (for example video GT 650...)

7 - go to device manager so you can see everything is ok

I simply had to reinstall soudblaster audio manually with the original resource DVD [;)]

For instant everything seems ok, even WOW with ultra detail settings @ 40 FPS :)

Let me know if it solves problems

PS : sorry for my bad english cause i'm french...

5 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

double

August 13th, 2015 12:00

do check your free fall data protection software which mightn't be working. Just reinstall and it works. cheers anyway

6 Posts

August 20th, 2015 10:00

I would also like to know an answer to this question it is the same laptop I have, I would just like to know are the working on a solution for our laptops please someone respond. :)

August 20th, 2015 12:00

everything works fine...u just have to reinstall the sound drivers and the hdd sensor drivers. the hdd sensor drivers installed in windows 8 compatibility mode.

5 Posts

August 20th, 2015 12:00

Does the multi touch function on the touchpad work ?

It didn't work for me

1 Message

August 28th, 2015 16:00

Hi everyone, first you have to upgrade bios computer in R14 after install win 10 it work fine for me.

I still search for multi touch pad driver...

1 Message

November 24th, 2015 13:00

I am using Synaptics TouchPad v17.0.8.2 13Aug13. This driver works for the most part but sometimes does not start with windows, and when it does it takes some time to, but that is the only problem with the driver all the features of the touchpad work.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2016 16:00

perfect

thanks buddy that works fine

1 Message

January 27th, 2016 01:00

hello guyz i have a alienare m14xr2 i upgraded to windows 10 but there is a problem with the sound card problem i have some fps drops in my games at start of game i get 150 fps then suddenly it starts dropping and goes down to 40 to 50 i do not understand what is happening but in windows 7 everything was fine i used to get 150 fps stable in counter strike global offensive 

6 Posts

January 27th, 2016 01:00

My only suggestion would be downloading a Windows 10 driver for the device that seemed to help fix up my sound card problem

1 Message

May 19th, 2016 15:00

Hello HIMAK34 and other readers,

I also have a M14XR2, it runs correctly with Windows 7 Pro, but I had a video car problem under Windows 8.1 that obliged me to go back under windows 7 : my Nvidia Video card didn't take the control of the video of my computer when I was playing games. So it was as If I played video games with the intel video card. 

So HIMAK34, after a long use of windows 10, could you tell me more about it. Does your nvidia card run correctly ? Especialy with video games in 3D, like FPS or space ships games ?

Can I jump into WINDOWS 10s' world without fear ?

No Events found!