Highlighted
keith b79
2 Bronze

Re: Alienware M14x issues

I hope so too, mine is back enroute for its fourth fix! I just want the thing to work without freezing up on Windows or getting the BSOD again...

0 Kudos
mjpbffe
1 Copper

just got it back.  after reading through the "we promise we looked into your problems and promise it has been fixed.  we swear we have looked at it and replaced the problem parts!" paper I turned my m14x on, and within 5 minutes it went to the BSOD over and over with the error message 00x00000124.  Apparently that refers to either bad RAM or a bad motherboard.   This infuriates me considering I sent in my computer BECAUSE of faulty RAM/Motherboard in the first place, and they "replaced" the motherboard!  UGHHH.  I'm not as persistent as a lot of you, and have simply asked for a refund.  I don't know if I will be purchasing anything alienware in the near future.  This was my first purchase, and it has been a HUGE disappointment.  In 14 days of "owning" this laptop, I have used it for about 3 1/2 total hours.

0 Kudos
mjpbffe
1 Copper

Decided to go with another computer/another brand.  This has just been an overall frustrating experience, and I honestly don't know if I'll ever purchase anything else from Dell/Alienware ever again.

0 Kudos
Daniel520
1 Copper

I got same problem

0 Kudos
ArcticGamez
3 Argentium

i got my m14x back in 2011 in Nov. never had this happen i only get BSOD cuz of faulty drivers but i fix them really fast

Check out my youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArcticGamez?feature=mhee

Alienware M14x

intel core i5 2.40Ghz

8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz

Nvidia Geforce GT 555m 1.5GB

windows 7 64bit home

0 Kudos
Martring
1 Copper

I got my M14x at the end of December 2011. January 2012 had my first motherboard problem, not even 30 days after purchase. I just had another Motherboard problem March 5th.  Just got it back March 13th from the repair and I really do not want to touch it, afraid its going to break again.   Brought PCs from Dell in the past with no problems at all, this is frustrating.

0 Kudos