Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2013 19:00

Alienware M17X R3, RADEON 6900M Troubles..

Hey, 

First off, just want to say my alienware is awesome. I ran into a problem where it windows boots up but runs into a blackscreen after loading. I figured out that it was because of the dual video cards. Well, I found a weak fix by just disabling the onboard Intel GPU. Now I ran into a way worse issue. I downloaded the new Radeon drivers and the max resolution dropped to 1280x1024. I can't play any games (gives numerous boot errors.) I've tried uninstalling/installing video drivers and SOMETIMES it will boot correctly and have the max resolution of 19xx by xxxx and play games. However, after about thirty minutes of this the monitor messes up and I have to reboot with this crappy resolution and no ability to play games. Any solution?? I've reinstalled windows and now re-downloading alienrespawn.  Please help, I love my laptop! 

2 Posts

July 6th, 2013 14:00

Sigh.. downloaded respawn and it just reinstalled everything to the time I installed respawn, not the factory date two years ago.

835 Posts

July 9th, 2013 11:00

Hi elockon,

The factory image is located in a partition on your HDD, if you got rid of it when you re installed the OS, there is no way to get it back. Click here for more information.

About the driver issue, now that you re installed the OS, you should install the Dell drivers and test the computer

No Events found!