Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2015 04:00

Alienware M17XR4 CONSTANT issues over 3 years so tired

I bought my first Alienware Laptop back in May 2012 and the Journey has been rather horrible.

Since then I have had all my hardware replaced 3 times because of BSODS, i just play normal games and after 6-9 months boom, BSODS starts up and then gets more and more frequent and then I just cant do anything other than surfing.

Now it happens again, but this time whenever i send email to the support I Get a reply that they will try to reply within 24 hours but its soon 2 weeks, and i sent another one earlier this week and still no reply what to do?

I cant Access the proper support pages online since my "warranty" expired after 1 year, but I live in Norway so I have a 5 years legal warranty on Electronics like this and was actually informed about it from someone in Dell Support so why do they make it so i cant even Access the correct support pages online?

Why do I keep getting theese BSODS? Its so damn annoying paying so much and getting lowquality? parts that only lasts for a half year? anyone With similiar experiences?

So frustrated and tired With this

109 Posts

February 15th, 2015 17:00

Unless its a STOP: xxxx00124 issue, it could be software. Post a crash dump to an online filesharing site and post it here and someone, including myself, can look at it to see what exactly is happening. Could be just a bad driver, which is usually the case. When you have free time, run a memtest on your machine and send specifics as to what has been replaced by Dell. Sometimes over the phone, something is overlooked.

2 Posts

February 16th, 2015 01:00

How do I Access the crash files again?

I have been over alot of steps including theese dumpfiles before all the previous times that I have had almost all my hardware replaced.

Something strange happend last night tho, in the alien autopsy program my GPU did not show on the list, only my Integrated. I saw someone in another post say that they sorted the problem out after pressing fn+f7 and swappingto different Graphics or something. So after I did this and rebooted suddenly my GPU showed in the Alienautopsy and I was able to play for atleast 1 hour without a BSOD before i went too bed. Sometimes i got a BSOD Instantly when just trying t load up a game

13 Posts

February 16th, 2015 06:00

I have a similar situation - since i got my M17xR3 in 2011 i had just problems, starting with a broken harddrive at start and then throttling issues with 580M and since 2 years, bluescreens all over the place.

Support has never helped me at all - just pointing it to software or heat problems, but this was never be the real culprit at all. Reinstalling windows multiple times and using dell original drivers has the exact same issues - even worst, bluescreens direct after launching any game.

Most ppl on the forums say my graphics card are trashed, maybe other hardware too?...

This is the worst hardware i have ever bought - and this for more than 2200 bucks and it just has last 2 years??? WTF?

I will never ever be recommend alienware or dell anymore!

No Events found!