Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2015 11:00

Alienware M17x, Bluetooth Mic not connecting

I bought an Alienware M17x in 2012 also bought the Turtle Beach PX5. Originally everything was setup correctly and could speak through the mic via Bluetooth. I recently formatted my laptop and i'm struggling with the Bluetooth mic.  I have uninstalled and installed the newest drivers for Bluetooth via dell support. I can pair the mic but as soon as i try to connect it gives me the following message,
"Errors connecting to headset. Please retry this operation"

Can someone please assist me with problem or have any suggestions?

Regards,
SAZ

• 

2.7K Posts

April 15th, 2015 17:00

Have you checked if the microphone needs any special software or driver for it to work properly?

4 Posts

April 20th, 2015 04:00

Hi

I have checked on turtle beach website and through the manual but it doesn't say anything about software.

I also tried connecting to my iphone and i also get the same message that the laptop won't connect to the device.

4 Posts

April 21st, 2015 13:00

A Update on the error

I have tested the mic on my Iphone and PS3 and works perfectly.

It seems to be a problem with linking the mic to the Bluetooth audio

If you have any answers for me i would really appreciate it.

4 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 12:00

Yes it is enabled. I have also deleted it and installed the latest software.

After the new install i can connect to the headset, and pair it. but it seems that it the bluetooth doesn't pick it up as a Mic. The bluetooth Micrphone is always disconnected.

The Turtle beach PX5 is connected, and when i try to setup the services it gives met 1 Listen to Music or Forward VOIP Calls to handsfree. If i choose any of those two nothing happens.

• 

2.7K Posts

April 22nd, 2015 12:00

Is the Bluetooth enable in the device manager? 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 23rd, 2015 10:00

Make sure the headset is showing up in recording devices. To check this, right click on the speaker/audio icon located on the bottom right corner of the taskbar and select the recording devices option. On this window the bluetooth Turtle beach PX5 headset should be showing. Right click on the headset tab and set it as default device. After checking this, test the headset to see if it works. 

Please let me know how it goes. 

No Events found!