MikeRitchie
1 Copper

Alienware M17x R2 Issues

Hey guys, I got an alienware M17x R2 before i ended up going oversea's for the last 5 years, I was not able to bring the laptop with me sadly. However, despite the fact it wasnt used while I was gone, now that I am back I am experiencing some issues with it. 

I play path of exile, and everything will be working just fine, for an hour or two, then the screen goes static, turns blue, purple, and eventually freezes. This has only happened twice now, but, as I havent used it at all really, and my warranty expired while I was gone, its of huge concern to me considering what I paid for this machine. 

Any idea's what it could be, or if theres a fix for it, or, if i am still able by some method to send it in to get fixed if there is something bigger wrong with it. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Alienware M17x R2 Issues

Hi, 

Are you running the latest Bios version for your Alienware? Have you ever received a blue screen error window or any errors regarding the video drivers? 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
MikeRitchie
1 Copper

RE: Alienware M17x R2 Issues

I have the current version of bios, and i dont get an error at all, the screen just goes static, then purple after some time. 

Also noticing a high pitched hum coming from one of my 3.5mm jacks. 

0 Kudos