Highlighted
draqxqard
1 Copper

Alienware M17x R4 overheating/getting low FPS due to fan not speeding up as it should

Currently using Windows 10 64bit, therefore I'm limited to Bios version A11 according to the drivers on Dell's website. Using HWinfo to control fan speed with or without EC support will cause the laptop to shutdown within 5 minutes.

It's normal for my laptop to be over 85C on all cores while gaming, can go above 100C and still, the fan wouldn't go as fast as 4000 RPM. 

What to do? I'd like to avoid reverting to a previous Windows version if possible.

Is anyone using a more advanced Bios on Windows 10 for example, to avoid having HWinfo crash the system?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Alienware M17x R4 overheating/getting low FPS due to fan not speeding up as it should

Hi,

Windows 10 is not supported by this model so we can't confirm 100% of functionality. What you can do is to clean the heatsinks and to do a re-paste, also trying an external cooling pad will be good.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos