Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2015 13:00

Alienware M18 suddenly got slow

Yes, buddies, for some reason, one day I woke up and my Alienware was just sucking...

The situation got so ridiculous that my Google Chrome freezes; I can not scroll the page smoothly anymore.

It was all of sudden, and I don't know what to do... I tried many things, like those cleaning softwares, but nothing changed.

Any opinions?

12 Posts

January 16th, 2015 14:00

Hello, lady!

So I have these 2 CD that came with my Alienware and I have been wanting to format and start it all over again, but I don't even know how to access my BIOS to be able to boot a DVD to format it.

Can you describe how to do it?

• 

2.7K Posts

January 16th, 2015 14:00

You can try to perform a system restore to a date when the system was working properly; as well you can run a good virus scan, a PSA (hardware diagnostic) and Alienautopsy.

Let us know how it goes.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 16th, 2015 15:00

Not quite sure which windows are you using but check out this guides:

Installing windows 7

Installing windows 8 

727 Posts

January 16th, 2015 15:00

One of them is the recovery windows disc, and with that, you should be able to slide it into the DVD drive and boot normally. I think by default it'll be the first thing to boot.

If not, then when booting, press F12 (boot manager) and select the DVD drive. Or just press F2 and (if I remember correctly), the 2nd most right tab/column/whatever should be the option to modify the boot order, in which you can make the DVD the priority boot, if you haven't already.

The other disc is the resource disc. It contains the drivers of the laptop. 

No Events found!