8 Krypton

Re: Alienware Memory Fraud?

yeah i want it at 1333 since i paid for it and i am awaiting his response

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

o.k. your cpu is overclocked to 3.2 so that is 160BClk x 20 multiplier. Your memory speed is going to be 160 x memeory multiplier which can be 6,8,10 or 12. So we get 160 x 8=1280 if you want 1333 memory you can downclock your cpu to 2.6=133x20   and memory is 1333x10=1333. Basically you got exactly what you paid for. You should read up on these settings and then have at your computer. Here;s some reading to help get you started.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=286070

and this is the best guded you will find(my opinion) on starting oc'in an i7

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/538439-guide-overclocking-core-i7-920-4-a.html

Have fun!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

how is that what i paid for?? i paid for 1333 not 1280....if i buy ram saying it runs at 1333mhz i expect it to run at 1333mhz and not 1280...

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Did you read what I posted? Do you understand it? Figure it out! It's not hard. If you want your memory at 1333 put your BClk at 167 then your oc will be at 3.3. Setting your BClk to 167 shouldn't require any other settings since it is still a low oc

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

i shouldnt have to mess with anything and alienware should have made sure things were running correctly before the order was shipped. thats like buying a car for 400 horsepower but them putting a governor on it and someone saying hey, u paid for this extra power but here, tamper with it urself to get what u paid for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

You should be able to do it in intel extreme tuning utility.  Use the pull down menu hit 167 aplly and then save to bios restart and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Thats my point it is running correctly you paid to get a 3.2 overclock with that overclock the memory is running a little slower. It's still 1333 memory. And you could probably get it to run at 1600 no problem on that 3.2 oc by changing the memory multiplier to 10.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

OK - I think some one needs to find out what "default" actually means. Assuming it means the default memory speed is not smart - Intel could very well mean the default memory bus speed and hence would have no relation to memory chip speed. If you really want to see if you have been cheated, look at the actual memory DIMM and see what it says.

Also you could try using CPU-Z - it is freeware that will report you actual memory serial number, manufacturer, speed etc...

Older than dirt computer guy.

0 Kudos