Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2016 13:00

Alienware: Not worth the customer service and tech serve nightmares

I noticed a number of posts from 2013 and 2014.  Clearly, I did not read them before, but I hope to caution anyone from believing that Dell / Alienware has overhauled their customer or technical service.

I will not bore you with our 10 month ordeal that started with 16 hours on Christmas eve 2015 into Christmas day and is still having problems today.

We tried to return the computer, but were told that we could not return the computer before a technician came out.  Once the technician can out and problems persisted, we were told it was too late to return.  We were repeated hung up on by technical support. 

Conveniently, we could not get a supervisor or anyone who cared for that matter.  Most of the time, my husband, who is in the tech industry had to walk the tech through standard procedures.

So, here we are with a kid in school and no computer. To date we have had software issues, which once fixed by a technician morphed into hardware issues - which took 2 visits to fix after that.  Now were are back to hardware and blue screen of death - and yet we have been denied a new machine.

On paper it looks good - but do yourself a favor and stay away from it. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 21st, 2016 09:00

Hi Cabgardner,

Please send me a private message with your service tag so I can review the case. Thanks!

No Events found!