Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2012 07:00

Alienware TactX Mouse Left Click Problem

Hello,

I've been enjoying my Alienware system since I've purchased it.  Recently though my mouse has been giving me trouble where it double-clicks when it shouldn't, or it thinks I've released the mouse button when dragging items around when I haven't.  I've seen posts elsewhere on the forums with folks having the same problem.

I called tech support today to try and have my mouse repaired.  Apparently even though I opted for extra warranty service, accessories such as the mouse and keyboard aren't covered for more than 1 year.  My first year of warrany was up in August apparently.  The rep admitted that my mouse does need replacing but there isn't anything that can be done.  I've tried the mouse in other computers and had the same problem. Other mice plugged into the Alienware system work fine.  I've removed/reinstalled the drivers off the Resource disc as well as tried using the default Windows drivers.

This is pretty pathetic in my opinion.  An Alienware TactX mouse sells for $79.99 plus tax off the website, and it only lasts for just over a year?  I've had mice that I've paid $10 for last for 8 years.  Another that cost $30 last for 8 years.  I don't casually use my computer/mouse either, I use them every day doing a wide variety of tasks from web surfing to gaming sessions to drawing.

Anyone have any tips on how I can fix this mouse?  I know it's just an accessory, but if this is a reflection of how Alienware support really is, I'm worried for when something major happens.

Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

835 Posts

September 7th, 2012 10:00

Hi :) Check your inbox

November 6th, 2012 15:00

Any luck fixing you mouse cause mine is currently doin the same thing!!!!! Had it about a year, got it last christmas and its just now started doing it.......

Thanks

5 Posts

November 6th, 2012 20:00

Well, my mouse was out of the warranty period. However they made an accommodation and replaced it with a new one with the stipulation that the new mouse wouldn't have a warranty. So I'd suggest calling them ASAP if you haven't already

835 Posts

November 7th, 2012 12:00

Hello, Check your PM's please

1 Message

November 9th, 2012 07:00

Is replacement the only solution? I'm having the same issue - repeated left clicks, or the mouse releasing a click while trying to drag an item. I really like the mouse, but $80 for another item that will only last me another 14 months is a little steep.

November 9th, 2012 14:00

ok i checked my inbox there was nothing there?

835 Posts

November 12th, 2012 12:00

Check your e-mail, I sent you a friend request and I put the message on the friend request...

November 24th, 2012 00:00

I'm having the same problem with my Alienware TactX Mouse, the left mouse button spontaneously "misfires" while trying to perform a drag, and has started intermittently double clicking instead of single clicking.

It's a shame because this mouse has been fantastic otherwise, but the LMB problem is incredibly annoying.

Is there any way I can get a replacement?

November 24th, 2012 13:00

ya if it is under warranty, i just called them 3 days ago and they sent me one in 24 hrs so there pretty good about getting u one 

8 Posts

November 28th, 2012 20:00

Mine is doing the same thing.  My warranty expired about a week ago.  It started a few months ago but it was very very rare, but now it's doing it every 3rd or 4th click.  What can I do about it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 27th, 2013 07:00

I'm having the same problem since a few months (as well as the problem with the DVD writer).

If anyone could help me that would be great :)

Though I'm a little disappointed, as quality was very important to me when i spent so much money on a computer (and mouse...).

By the way, the warranty is already expired.

835 Posts

February 27th, 2013 11:00

What is the problem that you are having with the DVD drive?

Have you tried updating the driver for the TactX mouse?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 08:00

The problem with the drive is that it just can't handle DVDs (CDs work fine). It can only read some DVDs (which work on other computers) and it cannot burn them. If i inject an empty DVD-RW it just spins a few times and ejects them instantly (it does the same thing when it has a DVD that it cant read).

I searched online for the problem and quite many people seem to have the same problem, i think they just had some faulty drives. But thats no problem as i still have warranty on the notebook.

What's more a problem is the mouse, and of course i tried to update the driver. I even tried it on several OS.

Im wondering why you're asking this question as nearly everyone who has this mouse runs into this problem, I'm sure you know what's wrong...

I'm using my old mouse now and that works perfectly. But it seems that i can throw a 80 € mouse away after a year.

It's unfortunate, but if no changes occur this will be the last stuff I've bought from Alienware/Dell.

835 Posts

March 4th, 2013 16:00

Hello lukas,

Seeing your currency reference I assume you are not located in the US or Canada, and I can only support that area, but if you send me a private message (click on my name and start a conversation) with your service tag and contact information, I'll forward your information along with a brief explanation of your case to my contacts in your area.

3 Posts

March 12th, 2013 12:00

I have same issue like others....only left click is a problem. right click , buttons for changing speed of cursor, movements are fine........

No Events found!