Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2014 21:00

Alienware Tactx Keyboard - Freeze Issue

Hi, I've bought it last year and recently there is an issue of not able to function.

While I am typing, somehow it will keep repeating the same functions. Eg. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" until I remove the unit and replug in. And, somehow all the functions are not working except macro keys.

P/S: There is no service tag or express code for it. *I think all alienware keyboard does not have it?*

1.8K Posts

July 21st, 2014 11:00

Hi jaysontan!

Please send me the order number for the keyboard and your contact information on a private message so I can help you further.

September 3rd, 2014 13:00

I too am experiencing this problem on a replacement keyboard that I received yesterday 02.Sept.14. I have tried the keyboard on 2 Alienware systems (using most if not all possible usb port combinations).

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide the tags to both systems if needed.

1.8K Posts

September 10th, 2014 08:00

I too am experiencing this problem on a replacement keyboard that I received yesterday 02.Sept.14. I have tried the keyboard on 2 Alienware systems (using most if not all possible usb port combinations).

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide the tags to both systems if needed.

Hi! 
You need to make sure the two USB cables are connected to a 2.0 USB port. If that's the case and the issue persists, send me a private message with your Service Tag and the order# for the keyboard.

October 15th, 2014 23:00

I also am experiencing this issue.

I believe the keyboard was purchased around February 2014.

The issue is resolved whenever I restart my computer but its not very efficient. 

On a side note the LED backlights are also already starting to fade as well.

Thanks

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 17:00

i am also having this. i have tried every 2 usb port combos possible between the 6 on the pc. they are all 2.0 and/or 3.0 ports though. I am using an alienware X51 it will sometimes repeat the last letter typed until i unplug it and then plug back in. or it just stops outright.

No Events found!