lynne4270
3 Zinc

Alienware TractX keyboard

Jump to solution

I just got the keyboard installed, loaded the CD that came with it and can't get any of the features to work. Dell calls it a KG900 keyboard. I can look in devise manager and it shows HID keyboard 3 times, so I am asuuming it's not seeing the keyboard for what it is.It's the same thing when I go to control panel and look under keyboard. I removed what the CD installed and downloaded the software and drivers from the Dell site that said it was a update, but is actually the same thing that's on the CD they sent. I see other people having problems with this keyboard when trying to install it on a non Dell system. I am trying to get it to work on my Aurora R4 but so far no luck. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Wayne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
lynne4270
3 Zinc

Re: Alienware TractX keyboard

Jump to solution

Third time was the charm. I uninstalled everything, shut the computer down, pulled out both USBs. Plugged them back in, restarted the computer and  downloaded the software and drivers and now the keyboard is showing up in the Alienware Command center. It wasn't there before. Still don't understand why it's not listed in devise manager and control panel?

2 Replies
Highlighted
lynne4270
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Third time was the charm. I uninstalled everything, shut the computer down, pulled out both USBs. Plugged them back in, restarted the computer and  downloaded the software and drivers and now the keyboard is showing up in the Alienware Command center. It wasn't there before. Still don't understand why it's not listed in devise manager and control panel?

Jump to solution

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.  

0 Kudos