Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2012 14:00

Alienware/Windows 7/Lost Drivers

Basically, I don't know much about computers. But when I bought my Dell Laptop. It already came installed with Windows 7 and the other drivers. 

I got told to make a backup drive with Alienware Disk I got with the Laptop. Let the disk do its job, and I found everything off my hard drive had been deleted. Windows 7 also, somehow got set back (if that makes sense). After letting Windows Update reinstall its service pack, I found it has Invalid Activation. I'm also missing SRS Premium Sound. Can anyone please help me figure out this problem?

215 Posts

January 11th, 2012 06:00

For the activation, you'll have to contact Dell.  Or maybe even microsoft to get the code to work and activate properly.  Once you get it, you'll have to finish installing windows 7.  Then you can go to Dell's support website to get the drivers. I would do that over using the ones in the CD.  Typically those drivers are out of date.    

Good luck.

January 11th, 2012 11:00

Did you click the "Activate Windows Now" link in the System screen, I believe it's a link.

28 Posts

January 11th, 2012 17:00

out of curiousity, did the disk you used to make the backup say Windows 7 on it?

January 11th, 2012 17:00

Thanks guys, I've fixed the problem. :D

No Events found!