Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2012 10:00

Alienware Windows 8 drivers

Hi,

I've added Windows 8 on another partition on my Alienware M17x R4, however I can't seem to get the Windows 8 64bit drivers from the Support area.  They're all listed there as if they're available for download, yet when I go to download them the website can't seem to find them.  What is going on???

Silvercloak

3 Posts

October 29th, 2012 16:00

I am also going to purchase Windows 8 for my Alienware M14x R2. I cannot download the drivers. When would this issue be solved? This is currently holding me back from upgrading...  :/

16 Posts

October 31st, 2012 11:00

Awesome, thank you.  I was trying to get AlienFX on it last night but I don't think there's anything for Windows 8 yet?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Silvercloak

October 31st, 2012 11:00

We are currently working on the upload as the O.S was just released and we need to work on a lot of the drivers. As soon as they become available you will be able to download them from out site as always. Computer's shipped with Windows 8 will have the drivers already.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 31st, 2012 12:00

I was trying to get AlienFX on it last night but I don't think there's anything for Windows 8 yet?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Try this one:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/alienware-m17x-r4?driverId=XTN7J&osCode=W764&fileId=2990641905

This is the Laptop version. Notice "Compatibility" dropdown. Also "Fixes".

The Desktop version of Command Center supposedly already has Win8-64 support. It makes sense that the Laptop version does now also.

Uninstall old one and reboot before trying this one.

16 Posts

October 31st, 2012 13:00

Thanks,

I don't think I have a command center at all in my Alienware.  I don't have the Alien's head in my taskbar.  I'll double check my installed programs when I get home before I install it though.

Silvercloak

3.8K Posts

May 21st, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.        

No Events found!