Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2014 21:00

Alienware X51 BlueScreen? Please help!!

Hi! Uh, hope I'm posting this correctly. (I'm obviously new.)

I purchased an Alienware X51 system around November 2013, and about two or three weeks ago I woke the system from sleep mode and within 5 minutes of rousing it, I got a blue screen. It took less than a minute for it to bluescreen and then start back up, but obviously this is extremely troubling since it's for all intents a brand new system.

I haven't had a bluescreen since, but I thought I might as well make a thread because I've practically been having nightmares and I've become extremely tentative when doing just about anything for fear of another BSOD.

The day of the bluescreen I performed routine checks, virus scans, yada yada, and they all came back perfect. Everything is updated and perfect.

However one thing that kind of stood out to me-- but forgive me if this turns out completely irrelevant-- was that the BCCode was different from other bluescreen reports of the same system I read of. The common problems I saw read off "BCCode: 116," but mine was read listed as "BCCode:           ce"

I think that's about all I can remember, mostly making this because I'm tired of becoming stressed out for the first ten minutes of start up. (As consequence has it, I have not put my computer in sleep mode since the incident).

Windows 7 64bit
8GB RAM
GTX 760

Uhhh, well, <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> I forget if there's anything of other relevance, if any other info's needed I'll be glad to provide it.

• 

2.7K Posts

February 5th, 2014 15:00

Hello Rezzorz!

If it only happens once you shouldn't worry that much maybe windows failed to start one time, however if the issue persist you can check out this  video it might help you to find out what is going on with the system.   

2 Posts

February 13th, 2014 14:00

Thank you! That does make me feel a lot better.

One other thing, though. The recommended link found in the video lead to a support link that involved using the Dell System Detect program on a list of things to test the system. It was something I had actually tried, and while all of my computer's components tested with flying colors, I was never able to get past this step because the test would always say it was incomplete, because it couldn't test the computer's disc trays. But, being the X51, it doesn't have a disc tray.

I suppose it's not too much of an issue, as my system as I said is absolutely fine, but it did mean I couldn't finish all the recommended steps.

No Events found!