Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2015 10:00

Alienware X51 GTX 760 freezing

In September 2013 i purchased an Alienware x51.
The specs are as follows:

Alienware X51 R2
Intel Core i7-4770 Cpu @ 3.40GHZ
16gb Ram
Nvidia Gtx 760 1.5GB

The problems I've had, have occurred for over a year but I've not had chance to sort out the problem due to being out the country, now my warranty has ran out .

On any game I play, the Graphics freeze up, but the sound will continue but i can't task manager to kill the game so i have to hard restart. 
I also get small flickers of triangles show in the graphics and also stretching of the graphics, It seems as if the gpu is faulty. 

I've checked temperatures and they are roughly around:
Processor being 50c idle and then stress is  73c
Graphics card being 40c and then stress 75c.
I'm not sure if that's a temperature to cause problems 

I've used different drivers, dated them back to old drivers and also keeping up to date, removing, reinstalling still no luck.

I keep trying to find a solution but i have no luck anywhere. 
Any help would be great. 
Thanks in advance.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 29th, 2015 13:00

There is a possibility that the video card is failing however you can try to flash the BIOS to the latest version you find in the support website, besides that the only step left will be performing an Alienrespawn just to make sure is not a software issue but if after that you continue to have the same problem then the video card might be damage.

4 Posts

February 14th, 2015 13:00

Okay, i've tried to flash the BIOS and also done an alienrespawn, what would you suggest to do now? replace the video card?
If so will dell be able to replace it do you know? 

• 

2.7K Posts

February 17th, 2015 14:00

Yes most likely is the video card the one damage. If you are still under warranty then yes Dell will replace it for you. 

No Events found!