Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2012 10:00

Alienware X51 High Frequency Noise Coming from CPU FAN AND Clicking noise while in game

Hi there,

I just received my new X51 with the GTX 660 in it I have two separate issues that I was wondering why they are happening and if there are any solutions to fixing them.

Issue #1: CPU Fan generates high frequency sound (giving me a headache), I opened up the cover and detached the CPU fan from the Mobo and magically the high pitched noise stopped.

Issue #2: When running high performance games there is a noise coming from either the GPU or HDD (can't figure out which) and it almost sounds like a HDD constantly loading up mixed with a high pitched frequency (the thinking sound).  When I alt-tab out of the game the noise mysteriously disappears.  When I reenter the game from the desktop the sound commences again.

I know there are others with the CPU issue but I am concerned with the other one as it could be a faulty HDD or lead to damage later down the road.

Thanks for the help

835 Posts

November 13th, 2012 11:00

Please send us an e-mail to AWsocialmedia@dell.com with your service tag and contact information, please include on that e-mail a brief explanation of the issue that you are experiencing and the link to this thread. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

No Events found!