Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2015 16:00

Alienware X51 R3 Bluetooth audio streaming issue

Hi,

I recently bought a X51 R3 with basic wifi&bluetooth option. And then I bought a Plantronics BackBeat Pro wireless bluetooth headset, which uses bluetooth 4.0 + EDR (A2DP for audio streaming, AVRCP for music controls, Hands-free v1.6 for wideband, and Headset v1.2).

And the headset connect perfectly with my iPad and HP laptop via bluetooth and the X51 can also connect to a wireless speaker (Sony SRS-X3) perfectly. The problem comes when I tried to connect the headset to X51, they paired, but the sound quality is VERY poor, like answering a phone call in bad signal. Could there be something wrong with the compatibility? I heard the new X51s also uses bluetooth 4.0 which I don't think is an issue.

Please help, thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2015 11:00

Hi, 

When you connect the headset, check in Recording Devices and confirm what shows as the default device. If your headset does not show as the default device, make it the default device and test the audio. Let us know how it goes. 

3 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 07:00

That doesn't work, the sound quality is still poor even when I just click the test button on playback device. And when I look into the configuration, the playback quality is "8-bits phone quality" and it cannot be changed.

And I tried again this morning they cannot even pair.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 4th, 2015 13:00

Hi, 

We want to make sure your system came with this feature, can you please send me your service tag in a PM?

No Events found!