Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2014 00:00

Alienware X51 - Wireless adapter

I've seen several posts about this topic and am having the same problem as many others. I got a x51R2 in December and I've been regretting it ever since. I thought I would be able to use my TP Link PCI-E wireless adapter with it, but I don't see how it will fit in the case. The current adapter drops the signal constantly, and I'm always trying to turn the adapter off/on or running a diagnostic on it.

What is the next step for this issue?

Is there a way for me to install a PCI-E wireless adapter in this case?

1.8K Posts

May 20th, 2014 13:00

Hi,

The X51 R2 only has one PCIe slot for the video card and one mini PCIe slot for the wireless card or mSATA, so unfortunately there are no more port available for that wireless card.

If you’re having wireless connection problems, I would recommend you try the troubleshooting steps here.

If the issue persists let me know!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 20th, 2014 15:00

Is there a way for me to install a PCI-E wireless adapter in this case?

No.

See alternatives here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19584951.aspx

12 Posts

June 21st, 2014 01:00

Naomi,

I am still having problems with my wireless. I cannot do a physical connection and thus need high quality wireless connection. The wireless card included on my PC is very weak so far, and I often have to resent the network adapter to reconnect to the router.

What else can be done?
Thanks

1.8K Posts

June 23rd, 2014 08:00

Hi again, 

Which wireless card model does your system have?

Try the troubleshooting steps here and let me know if the issue persists. 

12 Posts

June 25th, 2014 01:00

My bars never get past two out of five. Also, once in a while there will be a little yellow indicator on the signal bars. I then troubleshoot the network adapter, it resets the adapter and everything works fine again. Sometimes I need to do this a few times for internet connectivity to be restored.

MXX0D
CARD (CIRCUIT), WIRELESS, HMCRD, DW1506, WORLD WIDE

1.8K Posts

June 26th, 2014 16:00

Contact your ISP to make sure it's not a problem with the router. Then, send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information so I can assist you further. 

No Events found!