Highlighted
ownedinthedome
1 Nickel

Alienware X51 starts up, no post no beeps, immediately turns off?

I left my computer at my buddies house because his dad needed to use some of the hardware (great idea....not). I believe all that was taken out of it was the video card, hard drive, and disk drive. I got it back from him, go to start it up, it turns on, I get the power led light for the power button, fans turn on, then it just shuts off not even after a second after I start it. No beeps no video.

I've already unplugged the PSU and held the power button, tested the RAM, reset BIOS (unplug battery), and made sure all connections were seated properly.

This is a spare computer and was planning on giving it to my gma for christmas (you know how much gmas love playing battlefield haha), so I'm hoping I can do something about this without having to buy parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9x4uof1g0&list=UUYQBrNtMxwLb_u6apA_NwgA

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Alienware X51 starts up, no post no beeps, immediately turns off?

There could be a problem with the motherboard however I will recommend you to try to turn on the system without the video card and connect the monitor to the HDMI port in the motherboard.

If the system turns on then the problem might be the video card.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos