Chronoxx98
1 Copper

Alienware area 51 25 fps..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French,

I baugh recently an Alienware Area 51 with 32 Gb Ram and 2 graphic cards Nvidia Gtx 960, I activated SLI.

On some games I have 400 FPS like League Of legends/Rocket League etc in Ultra Quality.

But in some other games like Rainbow Six Siege or The forest I need to be in Medium/Low to get 20-30 FPS... I have a 3840 x 2160 dell monitor...

Can someone explain/help me why do I have so less FPS ?

Thank you alot for your help,

Antoine Bedaton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john-kimball44
3 Argentium

RE: Alienware area 51 25 fps..

Jump to solution

Think the fps you are getting is very normal for that resolution with those cards As it turns out to be 4K resolution. Try running the games at 1920 X 1080 ?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
john-kimball44
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

What resolution are you running the games at my friend ?

0 Kudos
Chronoxx98
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm usually put them in 3840x2160 because sometimes when I out lower the game doesn't fit entirely in my monitor...

0 Kudos
john-kimball44
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Think the fps you are getting is very normal for that resolution with those cards As it turns out to be 4K resolution. Try running the games at 1920 X 1080 ?

0 Kudos
Chronoxx98
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I tried, in some games I get the black bars on my screen, on others it fills entierely... I was planing to sell my 2 cards for 1 supreme card.. Like a Titan X or something like that, do you thing I would be able o play in 4K and Ultra resolution, if not, do you know what I need to play with those settings ?

Thank you a lot for your answer

0 Kudos
W8lifts
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

two 960's cant play 4K at 60 FPS, not even my 1080's can handle a solid 60 FPS at  4K.  Upgrade to 2 1080's or get a titan

0 Kudos
Chronoxx98
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ok Thank you, do you know which is the best Titan Titan ? I have low experience on graphic card..

0 Kudos
W8lifts
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

wont matter, the titans are all reference cards anyways, just pick a company

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chronoxx98
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ok Thank you alot, I guess I'll sell my two 960..

0 Kudos
john-kimball44
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Chrono if you really would like some 4K relief , then get the new Titan X Pascal that will be a super card to play games in 4K , it won't always have 60 fps on ultra but it will be a huge huge improvement to what you currently have and the games will be playable in 4K. Make sure if you get the Titan X it's the new version which has Pascal and looks like this images.nvidia.com/.../titanx-shop.png

0 Kudos