wdbjr66
1 Copper

Re: Alienware m11x R1 freezing issue

I ran the PSA test and passed-no error codes generated.  I downloaded HD Tune and ran the test.  Again, test passed.

2727.Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos

wdbjr66

Please send me a PM with your service tag, phone number, and  the link to this thread, I'll get back to you.

Karen M.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos
TheBlackSun
1 Copper

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone, when I say they would appreciate to know what to do about that Problem, as well.

0 Kudos
f03h4mm3r
1 Copper

I too have been having this issue since I bought my m11x, almost 2yrs ago. Towards the end of my 1 year warrenty, I finally got Dell to switch out the HDD, they did a remote diagnostics and told me it was a bad HDD. 2 months later, which was 1 month after my warrenty was over, it was still happening. I read about the broadband drivers being the issue from several different forum sites, but I can't find a link to the new drivers anymore. I agree with the above statements, these are supposed to by high end gaming systems, and to have something like this going on for as long as it has, is unacceptable. And the way dell/alienware has chose to handle it has made me look elsewhere for my next mobile gaming solution.

So, dell support, if you still monitor this post, we would all like a fix to this. Otherwise, why should we continue to keep an interest in these products. I was so proud of my m11x when I first got it, I would show it off to everyone. Now, when I'm gaming with people, and I continually crash, and everyone has to wait for me to reboot, they all say, "I thought Alienware was top of the line. How come you're sucks so much?".  And all i can do is shake my head and tell them to avoid this product.

0 Kudos
DELLhelpUS
1 Copper

Dell, please tell me you are reading these posts... this is unsat! What do you as a company plan on doing about this? The problem's not on the users end, we've done everything your tech support has instructed us to do, updated our drivers countless times, and done our own troubleshooting. Stand by your product, and solve this issue! I dont think thats too much to ask for from those of us who've spent a small fortune for these machines.

DoctorJekyll
1 Copper

I have been having the exact same problem as everyone here around one year after I got the laptop. Sometimes the laptop just froze up in the middle of my gaming session or working hours or even when I left it idle for a period of time. Mine is the M11x R2 model though.

It's a little sad that I got this issue (aside from the broken hinge problem which I've already fixed myself) with my M11x because otherwise it would have been a perfect laptop that is powerful enough for my gaming and other needs for at least a few more years.

Now, I'm quite reluctant to buy another alienware laptop even though their specs and designs are more attractive than ever.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem if there is one.

0 Kudos
dsweb329
1 Copper

Same here.... my MX 11 randomly freezes. Ran all the utilities mentioned in various posts and all result in a passing grade.

0 Kudos
therealzeldar
6 Indium

I just saw your reply.  I'll try your steps to see if anything shakes out.  Sounds like others did not see anything wrong when they ran the diags, but are still having the problem.  Has anything else been determined with regard to this problem?  My machine is still regularly freezing up, same problem.  Once it froze in the middle of a Skype video call and the machine was outputting a very strange continuous modulated sound that was the other caller's voice at the moment the system froze.  As usual, I had to hold down the power button and reboot cold to use the system again.  No events in the log.

Anyway, I will give your troubleshooting steps a try.  Are you still out there watching this thread if I do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Khmerfresh
1 Copper

RE: Alienware m11x R1 freezing issue

Hi there, still any problems with the computer i can help you and anybody else on this post. Step 1 enter the bios using the button F2 on the boot screen. Step 2 on the second tab go on to it and disable the wifi card. Step 3 save and reboot the laptop voila I hope this help and if you need internet use Ethernet or probably buy a cheap USB wifi reader 🙂 hoped this helped!

0 Kudos