johnkendall
1 Nickel

Alienware m11x small rubber feet....

Hi,

Wondering if Alienware could send me a couple of those small little rubber feet for the bottom-back of my m11x. One has fallen off previously and I have glued it back... however, it has fallen off again and I have no idea where it is.

I know you guys don't make the m11x any more but I would love a few spare small rubber feet if possible... any chance?

I came here to ask due to the excellent result I got with my x51 desktop. Cheers again and thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

John

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Alienware m11x small rubber feet....

johnkendall,

My apologies, but Dell never provided us with a part number for the Alienware rubber feet. Without a part number, we cannot setup an order. I have been sending customers to this site. http://www.laptoplifts.com/

0 Kudos
kameix1
2 Iron

The feet are not actually user servicable.  They have plastic pins that are melted over into the main case.  To remove them you have to cut and re-melt it back together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
johnkendall
1 Nickel

Thanks for the suggestion but they look rather ugly and was more looking at the exact same small rubber foot that's on the other side of my m11x. Surely dell/alienware would have replacements? Its really annoying, Can I send it back and claim it under a warranty issue to get it fixed?

0 Kudos

We do not have the rubber feet. They come to us already attached as part of the chassis bottom assembly. If under warranty, we would have to setup a Return To Depot repair and replace the entire chassis bottom assembly.

0 Kudos
michaelbyz23
2 Bronze

I sent mine to Dell and addressed this issue, apparently they did not change the chassis nor fix the rubber feet. My M11x is still under warranty. What a disappointment. Chris, is there anything you can do to help me out? Thank you

0 Kudos
Cenobitez
3 Silver

I've bought replacements on ebay in the past, for other machines.

Just measure the recess width, height then ebay it. I opted to replace all of them as I couldn't get an exact height.

www.ebay.co.uk/.../i.html

Alienware M18x
Intel i7 960xm, 1tb Samsung 840 SDD, 256gb Samsung 830 SSD, Dual GTX 580 SLI, 32gb Corsair Vengeance Ram.

0 Kudos