Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2015 21:00

Alienware m14x R2 colapses (Sound Blaster Control Panel, AlienRespawn and IAStorIcon)

Hello everybody,

Just some hours from now my Alienware m14x R2 seems to be colapsing.

I have bought it in September 2012 and the system was working pretty fine since then... I did not had to do any System Respawn (the built-in factory restore application) for almost two and half years!!!

Some minutes ago I was using my Alienware like I always do: nothing different, except for updating TeamViewer from Version 9 to 10 (what I honestly don't think that could crash my system like this) and the automatic update of the software Dell SupportAssist (by the way, I don't like this program at all).

Then I have just turned my notebook off and half an hour after this, I start geting an avalanche of errors every time I start Windows. The print screen below shows what I always get, every time I start Windows:

Unbenannt.png

I have already tried to return the system to a previous instant in the past (using the Windows tool), but it was not succesful (and it really SAYS that it was not successful).

What am I supposed to do? Is anyone experiencing something similar after updating to the last version of Dell SupportAssist?

Thank you in advance.

• 

2.7K Posts

April 6th, 2015 09:00

Because of all the errors you are getting my best recommendation will reinstalling windows however you can try updating the .NET Framework to see if you are able to fix the Intel Rapid Storage Technology error. 

April 3rd, 2015 17:00

[EDIT]

I have tried some stuff:

1. Uninstalled the program Alien Respawn and installed it again (newest version): the problem is "fixed" (altough, the new version of Respawn does not stay standby in the system tray)

2. Tried to uninstall and install several times the Intel Rapid Storage Technology................ I can't make it work...... when I install it, I always get a error message from .NET Framework.

3. Tried to reinstall the sound blaster control panel. NO SUCCESS. What is also weird, is that I still have sound in my computer, so it seems that only the Control panel is gone, but not the driver.

Does anyone has any idea of how I could proper install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology in my system? Should I maybe install the version of .NET Framework that it tries to install ? (it is the version 2.xxxxxxx - the newest version is 4.5.2 altough)

Thank you!

No Events found!