Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2012 20:00

Alienware m14x R2 shutting down on battery.

So I recently bought a new Alienware m14x R2 laptop and I really like it, however, there's a problem. Whenever I am running a graphics intensive game without the computer plugged into the charger it will simply shut down even if it has full battery. The weirdest part is the computer wont turn back on until its plugged back in. The computer arrived about 2 weeks ago and has been having this issue since the day it arrived so it's definitely not related to anything I've done. I've been told by dell tech support to update the BIOS, however that did not work as the download was unavailable, next I was told i should have the motherboard replaced, so dell sent a new motherboard and a tech support guy to replace it free of charge, however I am still having the issue. The BIOS of my computer originally was A08 but when the motherboard was replaced it downgraded to AO7. Is this a common issue and is there a fix or should I just return my computer and buy a new one?

If anyone has answers I would greatly appreciate it as buying a brand new computer only to find out it has an issue like this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

3.3K Posts

October 24th, 2012 23:00

Hi mba789,

Allow me to sincerely apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered in attempting to resolve your concerns.  Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every call.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that Dell always aims to provide customers with a satisfying and enjoyable purchase experience.

On Alienware14X the battery is connected with the cable. The issue should be with the battery or the cable connection to the motherboard. Replacing the battery should resolve the issue.

Please contact me privately and provide your contact information, customer account name, and your order # or service tag # so I may access your account records and do the needful.

Awaiting your response!

14 Posts

October 25th, 2012 01:00

wow rajesh you should receive badge of Honor :)) such passion

6 Posts

October 25th, 2012 10:00

Thank you very much Rajesh I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

November 13th, 2012 16:00

I just bought a new M14X R2 and I am having the exact same issue as 'mba789' with my system shutting down. If you could help resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, mba789, did replacing the battery fix this issue?

207 Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.  

No Events found!