Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2015 08:00

Alienware m17 r2-display card issue ( AMD Radeon R9 M290X)

Recently when I run through my game on the laptop. my screen run blank with strip. after diagnose, I found that there is display card error. it has getting frustrated when It start showing same symptom even I'm streaming YouTube online. OMG.. i have contact my dell in Singapore but still i get no respond from them, maybe because my warranty is expired, anyway i renew my warranty hopefully will get respond. still no respond. Any1 here can provided assistant if i can found the display card so i can install myself?

below is the info for my laptop.

Processor-Intel Core I7-4710MQ CPU at 2.5GHz

RAM- 16 GB

Display- AMD Radeon R9 M290X (currently i using build in display, Intel 4600)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 8th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

To better assist you, please confirm if you have the Alienware 17 R2 or the Alienware M17X R2 (older generation). Have you tried reinstalling the video card drivers?

2 Posts

December 8th, 2015 19:00

HI Rodrigo.

The spec page show that Alienware 17, it should be 2014 model, without the booster port.

this is my service tag and service code.

Service Tag: | Express Service Code: .

I have update the driver to crimson version. But it showing is not the same display card model. So i roll it back to older version.

By the way, i mange to get an technician from Dell Singapore (finally) to come over today and try to fix my laptop, After i renew my warranty recently.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 10th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for confirming this. I’m glad the technical support department was able to assist you.

No Events found!