Highlighted
kim.roger.b
1 Nickel

Alienware m17x r3 - Windows 10

Jump to solution

Will there be drivers for Alienware m17x r3 that can be installed on Windows 10? Would be nice since we skipped Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Alienware m17x r3 - Windows 10

Jump to solution

This system will be able to run windows 10 but you may need you to look for the drivers in the components manufacture website. 

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
dingebre
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information. I ran the Windows 10 compatibility and it said that EMSC from Compal Electornics will not work properly. Compal is of no help (not surprising). Do you know what system/component this DLL controls? It was the only incompatibility found. I'm not sure if it came with the laptop (Alienware M17XR3) or if it is associated with some other application.

David

0 Kudos
kim.roger.b
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Try this when installing Smiley Happy

Get some downloads for the r4 model Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Awalp
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I have an m17xr3 running windows 10 great. I created a second installation of windows 7 (completely clean just to be safe) Then downloaded the windows 8 installer and obtained my free upgrade. Only a couple drivers windows didn't have, such as OSD, Alienware command center, a usb driver, don't remember exactly. But for the missing drivers I just used the latest ones I could find for windows 7 or 8. This worked fine. I'm running windows 10', all hardware and software working great. ...... Just for clarity, I upgraded a second installation of windows 7 and now can dual boot windows 7 & 10.
Baphomet_FR
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@Awalp : Great new..

Can youtell me how do you install W10 on a M17x R3 step by step plz ? I"m very interesting.

Thx.

0 Kudos