CorbinStilwell
1 Copper

Re: Alienware m17x r3 and Linux

MegaTherion - I was following you on the NotebookReview forum (to which I've posted some questions and one solution that I found elsewhere already), you had some useful stuff... I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and as soon as I pull the AC adapter my Alienware M17x R3 just turns off (I now have an immobile laptop) Smiley Happy.  I didn't see that this was explicitly your problem, but was it?  And if so, what was the fix.   I'm new to this so the more detailed directions the better, but whatever you have time for would be great!  

0 Kudos
MegaTherion
1 Copper

Re: Alienware m17x r3 and Linux

Corbin - I never encountered that problem.  I can plug and unplug the AC power anytime and it functions as I would expect.  The only looming issue that I have right now is that during my login process, when I am entering in my password, when I get to the number 2 the login screen freezes.  I think it has something to do with the fglrx driver, but who knows.  I've posted about it on ubuntuforums.org to see if anyone has any ideas.  Also, I do notice some graphical corruption when running on battery power.  Another thing that has me scratching my head.  Perhaps this is all due to crappy ATI linux drivers, so we'll see what happens once 12.6 is released.  I'm running on 12.4 now.

0 Kudos