Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2015 01:00

Alienware m17x r3 - battery problems

Hey everyone,

So I bought a used alienware a couple of months ago, was and is working fine, except for one problem. A couple of weeks back I came home and turned it on, but after the first Klipsch loader a message comes in the BIOS format before the windows loader:

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.
THe will be unable to charge this battery.

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

I dont know how it happened or how it came up, I remember a full accidental drain of the battery before the problem, but I also fully charged it afterwards, this i just mentioned coz of the static charge issues in alienwares, I have tried many and all solutions available on the internet but none proved fruitful, I dont know what to do next, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

7 Posts

February 25th, 2017 07:00

Sorry for the late reply, almost 2 years now :D and yes the BIOS was not gonna help me here as the battery had died, i replaced my battery and everything's fine now, thanks for your assistance guys.

• 

2.7K Posts

February 23rd, 2015 10:00

I would say that the battery might be getting to its end of live; you can try to flash the BIOS to the latest version but if the issue persists you might need to replace it.

If you are not able to change the battery any time soon you can disable the warnings in the advance tap in the BIOS.

7 Posts

February 24th, 2015 06:00

Thank you for your response, any ideas on how to flash my BIOS to the latest version ? like a tutorial or something.

Thanks again.

Regards,

• 

2.7K Posts

February 25th, 2015 16:00

Sure check out this guide.

No Events found!