Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2013 23:00

Alienware tactx keyboard light problem---HELP

Hello i just recently got this awesome keyboard. but i do have a problem with the lights. i installed the command center and all of that but the only lights that will light up are The Caps/Num/Scroll lock lights and the commands at the top left work but nothing else. it would be nice to get the whole keyboard lit up. i tryied uninstalling and reinstalling the software which didnt fix the problem. Help me

thanks

835 Posts

May 15th, 2013 09:00

Hi itsjeff,

Did you put in the disk that came with the keyboard and installed everything? or did you just download the command center from our support site?

3 Posts

May 15th, 2013 13:00

Yeah I downloaded the command center from the site! I don't have the disk that came with the keyboard...I thought downloading it from the site would suffice! Would it make a difference if I did use the disk that came with the keyboard, And is there a way to get a new disk somehow?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 15th, 2013 14:00

While you likely need Command Center to control the lights and features... what you need installed first is the special drivers for the keyboard and mouse:

www.dell.com/.../alienware-x51

3 Posts

May 15th, 2013 15:00

i already installed that before i posted this! is there another explanation on why this is happening...it's not a big deal but it would be nice to have all the lights working on the keyboard

835 Posts

May 24th, 2013 11:00

Have you tried the keyboard on another computer?

No Events found!