Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2013 00:00

Alienware x51 5 beeps and won't turn on.

I have had my x51 for about 3-4 months now and after i restarted my computer it turned back on doing 5 beep intervals and wont boot up.. I have tried everything fixing it, I'm really concerned since i have seen this as a common problem with this system.

I have tried this soolution but id not work: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19477069/20241901.aspx

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

245 Posts

March 27th, 2013 08:00

I would recommend you contact Alienware support and have them walk you through some troubleshooting.  

Actually on X51 , 5 beeps is graphics related.  

2K Posts

March 27th, 2013 04:00

Hi Biggiesmallz,

Thank you for trying to fix the computer. The 5 beeps on the Alienware X51 indicate either a CMOS battery or a motherboard failure. I request you to provide the system service tag through private message. I will check and let you know what needs to be done.

March 27th, 2013 13:00

Okay i fixed this issue by removing the Bios battery and the booting back up and changing the boot settings.

Now i have another issue. My resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and it will not let me change it to 1080p.

Any ideas on how to change it back?

2K Posts

March 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi Biggiesmallz,

Thank you for the update. Request you to use the below link, select right operating system and download the corresponding video drivers:

http://dell.to/10gtUNv

This should help.

March 28th, 2013 17:00

I have downloaded everything on that list and still cannot manged to change my resolution settings,

Ill post a link to my resolution setting and GFX card hope this helps.

Please any help muchly appreciated!!!

Link: postimg.org/.../vob8etlml

March 29th, 2013 17:00

I believe it is something to do with the monitor, I read around a bit and I think I need to override EDID, Can anyone help with this?

2K Posts

April 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi Biggiesmallz,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to let me know the monitor model. Also send me the system service tag through private message. I can check and let you know what needs to be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

1 Message

August 30th, 2015 00:00

Hey

I have the exact same problems, what i dont have is pc word skills. Could u possibly tell me what to do only using the nessesary technical terms?

1 Message

October 21st, 2015 00:00

I got same issue like you , can't start the pic , after I remove bettery jump , can start normal once , once I restart won't work , how you changing your boot setting ?
No Events found!