Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2013 17:00

Alienware x51 A11 Bios

So last night i updated my bios from A06-> A07 -> A11. After the A07 update I turned off the computer to see if the bios is working fine, however it didn't shutdown. The monitor is off but the Cpu's fan/lights are still on so i updated it again to the latest bios which is A11 for my pc but that didn't fix the problem. when i shut it down( currently on a11 bios) the problem still persist, i cant shut it down properly and i cant even put it to sleep because the same problem occurs.

It was working perfectly whilst it was on A06, i only did that update because some said it would fix the loud fan noises of x51. I'm gonna be calling Dell's customer service soon. I only posted here to see any additional help because sometimes the customer service doesn't really help as much.

Any help would be great tnx

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 19:00

Moving this thread into the Alienware Club forum

January 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hello un0wn,

1. Try to shut down your system by pressing and holding the power button.

2. When the machine is off, unplug all the external devices including the power cord, press and hold the power button for 1 minute

3. Plug everything back into the system.

4. Plug the system straight to a good wall outlet.

4. Turn on the system and then try to turned off.

Please let me know how it goes.

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 23:00

unfortunately it didn't work sorry, any other suggestions?

January 23rd, 2013 08:00

Try this:

- Power drain,  unplug all the external devices including the power cord, press and hold the power button for 1 minute

- Clear BIOS battery

3 Posts

January 24th, 2013 00:00

well actually mine isn't a year old yet, and it's still under the warranty so I cant really open the case or whatsoever.

January 24th, 2013 08:00

If the issue persists after performing the steps above, send me a PM with your service tag, phone number, add the link for this thread and I'll get back to you.

No Events found!