Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 16th, 2013 07:00

Alienware x51 NVidia gtx 660 Graphics card failure

I got the computer today and had to return the first one because of a broken power supply, graphics card and wireless adapter, got another one this afternoon, and it has a broken graphics card, whenever I connect my hdmi cable from the lower port (on the graphics card) I cant start the computer, it beeps 6 times repeatedely and wont start, I have to remove the cable, start the computer and plug it back in, cant use the other port, because I don't get any audio at all, I think the graphics card on this one is broken as well, anyone got any information on this problem?

835 Posts

May 16th, 2013 11:00

Hi alkirob,

When you remove the cable, start the computer and plug it back in, does it work?

1 Message

May 17th, 2013 09:00

I am on the verge of cancelling my order for an Alienware X51 because the more I learn about the graphics card, the more it appears NOT like the "1.5GB GDDR5 NVidia GeForce GTX 660" it advertises to be.  Did you have any luck resolving what appears to be another broken graphics card on your system?   Does anyone know why the video card is listed on my Order Processing Sheet as Item # 330-9532, "Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Win 8" - when I am using a WIndows 7 Operating system. Most importantly,  does anyone know where I can get the specs for the actual card that Dell puts into the Alienware X51?  Thanks very much.

P.S.  Is there a system available in Canada called an Alienware Area 51?

No Events found!