Highlighted
caliden80
1 Nickel

Alienware x51 R2 No post No beep

First, allow me to apologize if I'm posting a thread on a current topic listed elsewhere - I'm relying on my cellphone to make this post so searching for existing topics is a task on its own.

At some time in the last 2 weeks, my system became unstable and began restarting any time I would launch or play ANY games. I would constantly get an error involving the Nvidia driver 359.06. At first, i searched the net to find that others where having similar issues, regardless of video card model they owned. It was believed to be an issue with the video drivers and Windows 10. 
However, as of this morning, I received a blue screen upon waking the PC, followed by a restart. My system has not booted since. When the power button is depressed, I can hear the fans come on, on low speed. No loading or beeps of any kind follow. The PC remains in a dormant state with the fans running.

I've also tried reseating the memory and video card, along with trying different monitors - no change.

Any advice on how to proceed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Alienware x51 R2 No post No beep

Hello,

If you look at the back of your X51 system, you will see the on-board HDMI port at the upper part of the system and the discrete video card ports at the lower part. Try connecting an HDMI cable in both ports to confirm if the same thing happens (if your monitor does not support HDMI, perhaps you can use your TV). If it does boot into Windows, try reinstalling both the Intel and the NVidia driver. You can download the drivers from the Dell support site.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
caliden80
1 Nickel

I attempted using the DVI and HDMI ports, nothing. Again, my current issue is no post, no beep, no video. I don't think I can reload any drivers if I can't even get the system to post.

0 Kudos

Hello, 

Try doing a power drain first. To perform a power drain, follow the steps below.

• Turn the system off and disconnect the power cord. 
  • Disconnect all external devices (mouse, keyboard, etc)
  • Press and hold the power button for 1 minute.
  • Connect everything again and turn on the system.

If it continues to do the same thing, try clearing the CMOS jumper. Click here to view a post from Chris that explains how to do this. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos