Highlighted
Xxsadisticx
1 Copper

Alienwarr 17R4 cooling

Hey guys just got a question for you all. I recently purchased a laptop cooler, it's the CoolerMaster MasterNotepal Maker. My Temps on my CPU were getting quite high so I figured I might as well buy a cooling pad and see if that helps. I saw someone on reddit used this cooler and noticed roughly 12 degrees difference in Temps.

I received this product yesterday and my laptop doesn't really fit (the 17R4 is HUGE haha). I think I might return it, the laptop hangs over quite a bit and it sort of rocks on it because the cooler is too small.

Anyone here use a laptop cooler they would recommend?

Here's the link to what I bought

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Alienwarr 17R4 cooling

Hi,

For the temps make sure the system has the latest BIOS version in our website (just enter the service tag).

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Xxsadisticx
1 Copper

Every driver is updated. If I recall, I heard all the new BIOS does is increase the heat limit so it doesn't enter thermal shutdown...still doesn't really answer my question though

0 Kudos

The BIOS update does help with the temps.

We have several cooling pad options in our website, in case you want to check, here you have 2 examples:

http://dell.to/2kbyj9y

http://dell.to/2kbt8X4

If you keep on having overheating issues, send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
hindesite
3 Zinc

I'd first try something different, you may not even need a cooler.

I've been getting a 5-10 degree reduction in temps under loads, even though my temps are never high to begin with.

I have a 17R3, and just put a strip of timber under the rear feet - it lifts the back up by about 25mm, helps with the keyboard angle, is stable and invisible, and cheap.

The difference between that and being flat on the desk is remarkable.

0 Kudos
TheCrazyFerreT
1 Copper

Just undervolt your cpu! I did it yesterday and cut temp by 10C!

Alienware 15 R3

I7 - 6820HK Overclocked / Downvolted

GTX - 1070 Overclocked

0 Kudos