Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2017 10:00

Alienwarr 17R4 cooling

Hey guys just got a question for you all. I recently purchased a laptop cooler, it's the CoolerMaster MasterNotepal Maker. My Temps on my CPU were getting quite high so I figured I might as well buy a cooling pad and see if that helps. I saw someone on reddit used this cooler and noticed roughly 12 degrees difference in Temps.

I received this product yesterday and my laptop doesn't really fit (the 17R4 is HUGE haha). I think I might return it, the laptop hangs over quite a bit and it sort of rocks on it because the cooler is too small.

Anyone here use a laptop cooler they would recommend?

Here's the link to what I bought

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 26th, 2017 09:00

Hi,

For the temps make sure the system has the latest BIOS version in our website (just enter the service tag).

January 26th, 2017 14:00

Every driver is updated. If I recall, I heard all the new BIOS does is increase the heat limit so it doesn't enter thermal shutdown...still doesn't really answer my question though

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 27th, 2017 10:00

The BIOS update does help with the temps.

We have several cooling pad options in our website, in case you want to check, here you have 2 examples:

http://dell.to/2kbyj9y

http://dell.to/2kbt8X4

If you keep on having overheating issues, send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further. 

276 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 14:00

I'd first try something different, you may not even need a cooler.

I've been getting a 5-10 degree reduction in temps under loads, even though my temps are never high to begin with.

I have a 17R3, and just put a strip of timber under the rear feet - it lifts the back up by about 25mm, helps with the keyboard angle, is stable and invisible, and cheap.

The difference between that and being flat on the desk is remarkable.

February 4th, 2017 09:00

Just undervolt your cpu! I did it yesterday and cut temp by 10C!

No Events found!