ToastyPotato
2 Bronze

Re: Area 51- 6 beeps nothing on screen.

I definitely plan on getting a PS meter.  I RMAd the new card because I wasn't sure if it was a dud or not, especially since the fan flipped the hell out after a while.

Just now, on my 4850, I was watching two synced youtube videos and my video driver died for a second but recovered.  The card isn't overheating at all though.  

Aurora R3 - Intel Core i5 2400 | 8GB DDR3 PC 10700 Kingston | PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS | ATI Radeon 6870 1GB | Monitor:  ASUS 24 inch LCD | 1TB SATA2 7200rpm | Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit | Realtek HD Audio Intergrated

0 Kudos
VasVas
2 Iron

I had the exact same problem with my Aurora ALX a few month ago, replaced the PSU with a 1000w PSU I had in an old XPS 730 and the problem was resolved. Mega stable since.

0 Kudos
JGuardhand
1 Copper

Yes i am still dealing with the issue i think. But i got a can of air and blew the inside dust out and cracked the case open so the comp could breath and i have had no probs so far. Either way its a dell issue in the way they build their alienware comps to actually break down after a few months of use. What does peter joseph call this again i forgot? Cyclical consumption or something like that.
0 Kudos