Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2011 02:00

Area 51 Alx case, Lighting & Thermals not working

6888.Alienware CC error.png

This is the error message i get. I have brought this alienware desktop from a registered Dell refirbisher, it was working until windows updated atleast i think it was the update that did it and now none of the case featurs were working including command center.

I have also recently, reistalled windows 7 onto my hard drives and reisnatlled command center from dell drivers website.

Simply put these are the problems:

1. Front door panel will not move on its own, although the alien head is lite up.

2. Fins on the top of the case will not lower even when computer is turned off.

3. Lights on the side of the case will not light up or the lights underneath the fins.

4. Command Center will not work, produces error message, can still change the lights on my alienware mouse & keyboard tho.

5. Can not controll thermals from CC.

I have upgarded my componants too, here is my set up:

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 14th, 2011 12:00

Looks like your MIO-Board is either disconnected, not running properly, or locked-up (in-a-loop) .

What happens when you test the MIO-Board with Dell Diagnostics?

See this thread for more troubleshooting procedures:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19365256.aspx?PageIndex=1

5 Posts

May 15th, 2011 03:00

I have run Dell Diagnostics, however i can not see anything callee "MIO-Board".

What would this mean?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 15th, 2011 11:00

I have run Dell Diagnostics, however i can not see anything callee "MIO-Board".

What would this mean?

If the MIO-Board is either disconnected, not running properly, or locked-up (in-a-loop) ... it will not be detected in Dell Diags ... and will not be available for testing.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 16th, 2011 02:00

Right ok, so where do I go from here?

What will the MIO-Board be called in Dell Diag?

Did you read the other thread carefully?

There is a "hold down power button fix" and also a reset jumper to try.

In Dell Diag, it's called something like MIO-Board. Can't miss it. You can test the lights and everything.

5 Posts

May 16th, 2011 02:00

Right ok, so where do I go from here?

What will the MIO-Board be called in Dell Diag?

How to i go about resetting it or getting a new one?

Thanks,

Nathan

176 Posts

May 16th, 2011 07:00

sole3, I have an area 51 and when I ran the Dell/Alienware diags I did not see anything specifically for testing the MIO-Board. Have you tried uninstalling command center then reinstalling command center with a boot cycle inbetween? You may even go so far as to install the older version 2.5.52.0 to get the firmware to reset. Make sure that device manager is clear of any yellow bangs before attempting any fix if possible.

No Events found!