hokoyo
1 Nickel

Area 51 R2 - 6 beeps after installing new GPU 980 ti

Hello,

i just upgrade my graphic card to a gygabyte 980 ti G1, and im not able to get it work.

No display is showed,i cant ever see the bios, and 6 beeps are coming from the motherboard.

I tried to change cables from the PSU but no luck.

Any ideas? any help will be appreciate it.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

RE: Area 51 R2 - 6 beeps after installing new GPU 980 ti

Hello, 

Make sure your monitor is set with the correct input source. For example HDMI or DVI, it depends on the video cable that you are using. If its not set on the correct input source, it can cause the system to make 6 beeps with no post.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
hokoyo
1 Nickel

Thanks for your response.

I tried even without any cable, and happened the same Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Cass-Ole
4 Ruthenium

Give it a read, & if it doesn't help, join Arena & post in that thread also:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BelFrank
1 Nickel

I have the same problem, but with an Aurora R4 (NVidia Titan X) & Dell P2415Q (mDP).

Switch on the computer first and second, real quick, the monitor. Like someone mentioned in the Alienware Arena forums, it's a handshake issue between computer and monitor.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

If possible, test the video card with another computer to confirm its functionality.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
hokoyo
1 Nickel

The problem is definitely the mother board.

I test the graphic card in other PCs and is working perfectly. Even in 4 years old mother board the graphic is working. 

I can´t figure it out why a new mother board like DEll-alienware provides in area 51 R2 cant handle this GPU. Its very frustating , and shows to me the quality of the hardware ....

Technical support from DELL told me that this card is not compatible and they dont want to give me a proper solution. Amazing...

0 Kudos
hokoyo
1 Nickel

I have the 6 beeps even without plugged monitor 

0 Kudos