dragonspirit
1 Copper

Area-51 R2 no side panel lights

Hi all,

Just got my new area 51 r2 and all seems great but the side panel lights dont come on at all?

I checked the contacts and they look clear and touching i also moved the panels around some to see if that worked and naada! Front lights but no side lights, i even did the FX tester nothing?

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: Area-51 R2 no side panel lights

Usually just by reinstalling the Alienware Command Center we can solve that.

If that fails try updating your BIOS to A01.

Let me know how that goes.

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
dragonspirit
1 Copper

Thanks for replying Jose.

I uninstalled and reinstalled command center that didn't fix it.

Then installed A01 BIOs and still nothing 😞

0 Kudos
sysneteng
1 Copper

Were you able to get yours going? I had a side panel that wouldn't always light up or would come and go. I took the door off and seated it back with what feels like a tighter fit so i'm assuming the circuit is making a proper connection. Try that and see if it helps!

0 Kudos
dragonspirit
1 Copper

Yeah I tried that. Both panels are touching and even shifted it around to see if that worked it didn't.

Dell is sending a tech with new panels and a FX board.

Ill let ya know, Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
dragonspirit
1 Copper

Dell tech came out 2 times, the fix was the board where front sound and USB plugs go in.

Thansks

mac89d
1 Copper

I have the same issues with mine occasionally. For me, I just have to press the side panels in more securely and they turn on. Even when it works, sometimes it like to stop working randomly. Hope this helps you in some way. 

0 Kudos