Highlighted
pete5001
1 Copper

Area 51 front audio jack broken

Today my front audio jack stopped working. This has been tested on multiple devices already and is definitely a hardware issue since the Sound Blaster jack audio detection popup no longer comes up when something is plugged into the port, it does still come up for the microphone port.

I have re-installed all the drivers just to double check but still no luck.

When something is plugged in I can still hear static so there definitely is still a connection.

I opened up the right panel to see if anything is disconnected but it still seems to be all connected properly inside. 

Anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any ideas how this could be resolved or what to check on the hardware side of things?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Area 51 front audio jack broken

Hi pete5001‌,

Yes, it seems to be a hardware problem. If your system is still in warranty, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Area 51 front audio jack broken

Old Area51 R1 or newer R2?

Does it work in the back ports?

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos