yeoscove
1 Copper

Re: Audio Problems Front Port and TactX Headset Aurora ALX

Hi Chris M, thanks for providing us with an official response to this ongoing issue.

Is this same fix applicable to the Dell XPS 9000 series as well?

0 Kudos

No. The Alienware team is different than the Studio XPS team.

0 Kudos
Jimouk
1 Copper

I recieved my system on Wednesday after a string of very unreasonable delays, and now I have this problem.

Great.

0 Kudos

Jimouk,

We are getting the Front Panel Power I/O board redone to make sure the two grounds are not shorted. The boards should be ready by May. When I hear they are ready, I will post the new part number for the Front Panel Power I/O board. You would use that part number when contacting Technical Support. You will be able to install the board yourself or have an onsite technician.

0 Kudos
RSmith2418
1 Copper

Hello Chris,

This is just a friendly bump to see if there is an update to the solution or replacement part. Is the replacement part still on schedule to go out or be available in May?

Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jay2010
2 Iron

Jimouk,

We are getting the Front Panel Power I/O board redone to make sure the two grounds are not shorted. The boards should be ready by May. When I hear they are ready, I will post the new part number for the Front Panel Power I/O board. You would use that part number when contacting Technical Support. You will be able to install the board yourself or have an onsite technician.

Chris,

I contacted Tech Support today regarding a separate issue and learned that a new board was already on it's way to me (having shipped today).  I never opened a ticket for it; is Dell just being proactive on this?

As an aside, for some reason my new Service Tag won't allow me to chat with Technical Support -- why ?

0 Kudos
Rich Dewees
3 Argentium

Is this an Aurora issue or an Area 51 ALX issue as well?

I don't regularily use these front ports, but if it's an electrical ground issue it should be corrected/replaced.

AW Area 51 ALX Bios-A11 CC-2.8.11.0 Processor-I975 3.33 OC 3.83 RAM-6 GB 1333 Video Card-Dual NVidia GTX295 Video Driver-342.01 Sound Card-SB X-FI Titanium (Removed) SSD (Primary/OS)-480GB Corsair Neutron XT Spare Hard Drive-Dual 300G, 10K RPM RAID 0 Spare Hard Drive-640G (For System Back-Up Images) Optical Drive-DVD DH-24/Blu-Ray BH-30N Monitor-Dell S2817Q 5 Port USB 3.0 PCI Card Keyboard-AW TactX Mouse-AW TactX OS-Win 10 Pro 64 bit
0 Kudos

I need your service tag in a private message to check what part they are sending.

0 Kudos
bachjess
2 Bronze

Hi Chris M,

I too have been having issues with the Front audio ports having constant static/hissing. May I know if the part is ready? If so, where will you be posting the part number? Will it be in these forums? Thank you so much for your time and for helping all of us Alienware owners 🙂

Sincerely,

Bachjess

0 Kudos
RSmith2418
1 Copper

Chris M,

Any update on the replacement part? A few months ago you said the part would be done in April and ready to go out in May? It is getting close to the end of the month so I'm wondering if the part is ready?

Also, as Bachjess asked, how will we know when the part is ready and the part number? Is a field tech able to install it onto our systems? Thank you again for all your help Chris.

0 Kudos