Re: Audio Problems Front Port and TactX Headset Aurora ALX

Still no word. I will tell you when I know. Yes, the technician can/will install it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Yodasmaster
2 Iron

I saw this thread had been bumped and got my hopes up

0 Kudos
RSmith2418
1 Nickel

FYI Looks like Chris has posted a Sticky to order the replacement part!!

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19334362.aspx 

I'll try to get my ordered sometime this week. Hope this works! *crosses fingers*

Thank you Chris!

0 Kudos
strangepowers
1 Nickel

Yes, the I/O panel only works with on-board sound, you  have to buy a creative specific I/O panel. Something like:

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Titanium-Fatal1ty-Upgrade/dp/B002DRYE3M

Alienware Aurora
Bios version A11
CC version 2.5.52.0
MS Windows 7 Premium 64-bit
Intel i7 CPU 920  @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz
Dual 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - SLI Enabled GDDR3
3GB 1067Mhz DDR3
Realtek Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio (No room on Mobo for Sound card!!)
G15 Keyboard, Mx518 Mouse

0 Kudos
RSmith2418
1 Nickel

Chris,

I ordered the part 543DN for my Aurora ALX and the field tech came in and replaced the part yesterday. However, after installing it did NOT to resolve the problem and the noise interference is still there.

Is there anything you can do to help or have any advice? I sent you a message. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Just got my Aurora ALX about a week ago and i am having the exact same problem...I was hoping this problem would have been fixed by now but i guess thats not the case. It's really anoying though.Sure i could plug my headset in the back , but then i can only get stereo in the speaker configuration while in the front panel i get to set it in 5.1 or 7.1 mode wich is a big plus...not sure if it's suposed to be that way , if not maybe its a clue as to what is causing to problem?

0 Kudos

All,

The part they are using should be the fixed one but maybe some old ones are still in circulation. Get it replaced again.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RSmith2418,

After opening the case and taking a look ... the Front Audio (analog) cable appears to go directly from the motherboard up to the top/front audio jacks. If the analog audio is picking up interference, it's likely due to the fact that the cable is sandwiched tightly up against many power wires in the main wire channel keeper.

If you are handy, you can do it yourself. If not, have a Dell tech do it for you...

What I would try ... re-route the internal audio cable away from other cables. At least get it out of that main wire channel keeper. If problems persist, the next thing I would try it a ferrite core (ring). Possibly, one at both ends. If it was still a problem (unlikely) I would remake the cable using a shielded cable with higher gauge (thicker) wires inside it.

And not to contradict what Chris says (he is obviously closer to the AW dev teams than I am), but on every piece of home audio/video equipment I have ever worked on ... chassis/signal/digital/analog/audio ground are all the same (that's kind of how/why it works). There is a "hot ground" for the incoming AC power, but that only ever goes as far as the high-side of the primary transformer (inside the Switch Mode Power Supply).

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
hobertg
1 Copper

RE: Audio Problems Front Port and TactX Headset Aurora ALX

I know this post is a little old, but I am having this issue now that I purchased the Alienware Tactx headset and try to use the front ports. Has this been resolved?
0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: Audio Problems Front Port and TactX Headset Aurora ALX

I know this post is a little old, but I am having this issue now that I purchased the Alienware Tactx headset and try to use the front ports. Has this been resolved?

Yes, it has ... but analog audio will always have the potential to have EMI (interference).

What exact Aurora model do you have?

What exact problem are you having (test play and record)?

Are you under warranty?

Have you tried Tact-X analog headset in back direct motherboard ports?

Have you tried Tact-X analog headset in different computer?

Have you tried other (working) analog headphones or ear-buds (like from MP3 player)?

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos