Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2010 14:00

Aurora ALX - Active Venting problem

Hi,

I have a new aurora alx, only a few days old, and i'm having problems with the active venting. It gets stuck between the closed and open posistions! So to get it to open I have to lift it slightly into its middle open posistion. It will move from half open to fully open just fine, but if I then tell it to close and open again.. stuck!

Help anyone? I really don't want to be stuck with a brand new alienware with an annoying problem like this! I know its not vital, but its so annoying on such a nice, and new system that costs so much that it could be broken so quickly..

Thanks

159 Posts

June 24th, 2010 14:00

The vents on my Area 51 ALX squeaked so bad whenever they moved I had to lightly apply grease to every screw and metal slide I could find. These things are just another "cool" "gimmick" like the AlienFX and the AlineGUIse that may or may not work all the time for everyone. For the money we paid for these things, call AW tech support and have a tech come out.

June 25th, 2010 03:00

Had the same problem on my Area-51.  TS replaced fin unit and problem was solved.

No Events found!