Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 7th, 2010 09:00

Aurora R1 & R2 Bottom video card overheating?

If your PC is shutting off, open the case cover, power the PC on. Does the bottom video card feel hotter than the top one? If yes, I need the following in a private message. Click my username, click Send Message -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
Video Cards:
Video Card Driver version (Dell or Retail. Same issue with both?) :
PC Bios version:
Reason/Issue: Aurora R1 & R2 bottom video card overheating
HWMonitor and GPU-Z temperature results:
Benchmark, Game, Stress tool:
Capture Candidate Yes/No:

If your willing to let us capture the effected PC -
* We will setup a full system exchange
* You will receive via email the Dispatch number and also a Return Airbill to get us the original PC
* When you get the replacement PC, send us the original one
* Do not make any changes to the operating system
* Backup your personal data to a DVD or USB hard disk drive. Do not format the hard disk drive
* When we are done testing, we will Fdisk/Format the hard disk drive so you do not need to worry about any of your information that is on it

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

September 7th, 2010 11:00

Stupid question Chris, I know...  But how do I tell which Aurora I have?  And although I've never experienced the issue, Should I check the card, regardless?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 7th, 2010 12:00

If you do not have the issue, I would not worry about it. The Aurora has the Intel X58 Tylersburg chipset. The Aurora R2 has the Intel P55 Express chipset. Downlad/install CPU-Z. Run it, click the Mainboard tab. It will show you the chipset.

No Events found!